WHO WE ARE
The Richstone Family Center is dedicated to preventing and treating child abuse and trauma; strengthening and educating families; and decreasing violence in families, schools and communities.
- Richstone Family Center is one of the most progressive centers for trauma-focused treatment and the prevention of child abuse in Los Angeles County.
- Richstone’s programs protect children by building stable and healthy families and decreasing violence in families, schools and communities.
- We provide a safe-haven for those that might otherwise never receive appropriate treatment.
- Demand for programs in our high-need communities continues to grow – last year child abuse cases in the city of
- Hawthorne increased by 30% and the region saw an 18% increase in reported domestic violence cases
WHO WE SERVE
Richstone serves children and families from communities in L.A. County’s South Bay and neighboring South L.A. areas
The Richstone Family Center was incorporated as a non-profit social services agency in 1974. In 1977, the State of California awarded Richstone a grant as one of the first of 6 child abuse treatment and prevention programs in the state. With this grant Richstone Center was established as a comprehensive agency providing services to approximately 70 families a year. In 1980, Richstone was recognized as a neighborhood family center by ICAN (Los Angeles County Inter-agency Council on Child Abuse and Neglect).
Since that time, Richstone has expanded its staff from six to more than 135, increased the number of programs offered; expanded the area of service from Hawthorne to include the southwest corner of Los Angeles County and the Greater South Bay; increased the number of sites offering services to include six school districts, opened a Transitional Living facility and a satellite office in Torrance. Richstone offers services for children from birth to 18 and for parents in their teens to grandparents in their sixties.
Throughout this period of rapid growth, Richstone invested 83%-90% of all revenue to directly serve the highest need communities.
Looking for an individual or team participating in an event?